cost
cost_categ

Overview

A thorough analysis of the cost structure of compressed air systems, is quite important for the conception of such issues as the factors to consider while investing in these systems, or the factors to bear in mind while using such a system. The total cost for the first 10 years of operation of a typical air cooled compressor used in a facility implementing a double shift comprise operational expenses equal to 88% (electricity and maintenance) and the remaining investment cost of 12%.

Electrical expenditure which has a share of around 76% in the cost of a decade of operation is a more significant item than investment costs for enterprises investing in compressed air systems, and the necessity of designing systems and selecting products in the light of this fact is clear.

Information regarding the electrical power supplied to the compressed air system and the utilization of the energy within the system have been provided in Figure 2. In a compressed air system equipped with a 100 kW motor, after extracting the power expended on losses occurring within the compressor, dryer, filter, losses resulting from the conversion of compressed water to mechanical force and on air leaks, the remaining energy which is converted to useful work is only 9 kW. Based on this picture, the efficiency that can be obtained from the system in return for an energy input of 100 units is approximately 9%. In a compressed air system suffering from a 91% energy loss, it is possible for the enterprise to avert substantial losses by taking the requisite measures.

grafikdusuk

Variable Speed Drive (VSD) Compresors

Purchasing / Using a Variable Speed Drive Compressor

Using a Variable Speed Drive Compressor enterprises could save energy up to 30%. Variable speed drive technology enables the compressors regulate the power consumption against changing capacity demands. During less compressed air consumption they decrease energy consumption and saves energy.

Heat Recovery

LOWER YOUR COSTS AND ENERGY CONSUMPTION, REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
Nearly 20% of electrical powerconsumed in industry is used in compressed air systems. Thermodynamic figures indicate that approximately 95% of this electricity is lost to the atmosphere in the form of warm air With HERTZ heat recovery systems, you can reuse the excess heat genera- ted by your compressor, owering your energy consumption and reducing your carbon footprint.
ekokit
HERTZ ENERGY RECOVERY SYSTEMS SAVE 50-90% ENERGY
As much as 80-93% of the electrical energy used by an industrial air compressor is converted to heat. In many cases, using HERTZ Energy Recovery Systems, it is possible to recover anywhere from 50-90 % of this available thermal energy and put it to useful work heating air or water. The high efficiency conductivity of the HERTZ Energy Recovery System allows you to reduce losses, obtaining hot water at 70°C to be used for various purposes
ekokitdusuk

Other Steps

  1.   Train the users about the unneccessary waste of compressed air
  2.   Maintain the maintenance of leaks in the system regularly
  3.   Do not pressurize the system when the factory isn’t working
  4.   Decrease the pressure of the system as much as you can
  5.   Redesign the piping to decrease pressure losses
  6.   Select the most suitable dryer and change the filter elements on time
  7.   Drain the condensate with zero loss drain valves
  8.   Manage the compressor system with a central controller
  9.   Make the compressor maintenance on time and regularly
  10.   Let only the trained people service compressors